Quantity Surveyor – Norfolk – to £60,000 PA
Our client is a vibrant prop-tech development company based in Norwich undertaking an ambitious expansion with its recent change in model to acquire sites primed for residential development to joint venture with main contractors. They have an immediate vacancy for a top-class Quantity Surveyor with an opportunity to progress to Commercial Manager. You will join the team to undertake the associated quantity surveying work for all our current and future JCT D&B sub contracts with subcontractors. You will be expected to conduct regular site visits for finalising sub contractor valuations and applications via payment or payless notices. The role is a hybrid role with the initial training taking place in the Norwich office with working hours 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
You will be working closely with our Technical Design, Contracts and Project Management teams.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review bills of quantities prepared by 3rd estimators.
- Prepare tender and contract documents for take offs
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Regular review of supply chain lead times
- Procure ahead of lead times to ensure programmes are ahead of schedule.
- Review subcontractor tenders with rate checks for materials, labour and plant
- Submit subcontractor valuation applications for approval to quality audit department
- Agreement and certification of subcontractor final accounts
- Maintain and develop sub-contractor preferred database
- Coordinate with Materials Buyer for material procurement
- Coordinate with Apprentice Quantity Surveyor to undertaking check measures for subcontractor valuation applications.
- Coordinate with Contracts Manager for value engineering and programme guidance
Benefits ● £55,000 – £60,000 per annum depending on experience, 28 days holiday per annum including bank holidays, Company pension scheme, Death in Service/Critical Illness cover, Holiday buy and sell back scheme, Corporate Gym Membership plus many more executive benefits.