Purchasing Manager – King’s Lynn – Circa £37,000.
Badger Associates have been retained to identify and attract a top-class, experienced Purchasing Manager to join our client’s team in King’s Lynn. The company is a leading manufacturer of electronic equipment and has been established in King’s Lynn for many years.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Purchasing Manager will ensure the Material spend and stock levels are managed and placed with vendors and that specifications deliver quality products to the business.
- Be the focal point for Purchasing throughout the Company.
- Develop performance measures for Purchasing and SOP and report to the Operations Manager each month.
- Implement measures to improve performance in these areas. Implement measures to improve performance as required.
- Review and/or create new Vendor contracts where necessary and negotiate more favourable terms to reduce liability regarding stock levels.
- Identify and manage obsolescence, long lead time and supply chain issues in order to maintain an uninterrupted supply of components and purchased parts.
- Ensure timely and accurate information on increasing material costs is communicated.
- Ensure that the purchasing function participates fully in the established processes for new product introduction and change control.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be effective in the use of MRP (ERP)
- Buying suggestions/reports & POP
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Have experience as a Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager
Display a good working knowledge of:
- ISO 9001
- Be familiar with electronic/engineering component vendors.
- Have a proven track record within an electronic/engineering component procurement function.
- Have a background within an electronic engineering or production setting.
The role carries a base salary of circa £37,000+ plus company benefits.